Support and advance the Museum’s mission through the management of special events and facility rentals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the Museum’s private event program to meet performance and revenue goals.
- Coordinate the Museum’s fundraising events to meet performance and revenue goals.
· Assist with member Previews and Friends’ Lecture receptions and dinners, special donor dinners and other Museum events and presentations as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Fundraising Events (Renaissance Ball, Omelette Party, and ARTonTAP)
- Prepare and monitor timelines for events.
- Prepare and monitor event expense and income budgets.
- Organize planning meetings for staff and volunteers involved in events.
- Work with event committees, obtain bids, coordinate catering arrangements, work with caterers, develop menus, coordinate event logistics, facilitate related paperwork and agreements, and successfully execute the events.
- Coordinate rentals, décor, entertainment, beverages and service for events.
- Provide onsite event organization on “day of event” and coordination of staff, volunteers and vendors, including set-up, check-in, tear-down.
- Serve as the point person to direct activities.
- Coordinate with volunteers on event related activities.
- Work with Director of Marketing and Communications on promotion of fundraising events.
· Maximize earned income potential of private events by engaging new audiences.
- Supervise private events as the onsite coordinator and ensure smooth coordination and success of all events.
- Work with Marketing department on promotion of private events.
- Utilize the Group Sales function of Altru database system to execute and track private event bookings.
- Coordinate the catering and setup for all events.
· Oversee daily inquires and client meetings, scheduling and budgets for private events.
- Oversee, update, and maintain the facility rental calendar for private events.
· Provide quarterly reports on private events.
- Coordinate all aspects of the facility rental program from initial client contact, to walk-through, planning, to post-event clean up.
- Prepare private event checklists and work closely with the Museum Cafe, Facility Operations Director, Building Support, A/V Technician, and administrative staff on organizing event details.
- Prepare invoices and process payments for facility rentals.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated experience working events.
- Demonstrated proactive sales and marketing skills.
- Highly organized multi-tasker with good problem solving skills.
- Experience with, or ability to learn, Altru database system, specifically the Group Sales function to track and invoice private events.
- Availability to work weekend and after business hours.
- Ability to read, analyze, and manage departmental budgets.
- Ability to research and create written and visual content for publication and/or presentation.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and media.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality or similar field.
- 2-3 years of demonstrated experience in the event and meeting planning industry including client management.
How to apply: Interested candidates may submit resume and cover letter by e-mail to email@example.com
We love events because they’re dynamic experiences, always changing - so no two events are ever the same. It means we rarely get bored of events as a career. But it can make them challenging to predict and plan for. Even the most organized and experienced event planner or supplier will find a new obstacle they need to overcome from time to time.
Do you have a horror story of events gone wrong that you now live to tell about? We are looking for panel participants (that means you!) to share their experiences of events gone wrong, the lessons they learned from them, and how you may have saved the day when a client's nightmare was coming true. If this is you, please contact Jen Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 23rd.
The panel will be assembled at our October luncheon which is scheduled for Wednesday, October 18th from 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.